Sleep forms 1/3rd of our life. Do we give that much importance?
- Inadequate sleep, even for a week, disrupts your blood sugars so profoundly that you may be classified as prediabetic.
- Sleep enriches the diversity of functions, including the ability to learn, memorize & make logical decisions.
- The REM phase of sleep helps to reduce weight by burning excessive fat.
- Good nights sleep reduces Cortisol levels by 30 %. Cortisol is the stress hormone that disturbs the balance in body physiology if raised chronically.
- Sleep is the best remedy for Chronic illnesses like Obesity, Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimers.
- Sleep is freely available, automatic & we don’t need to put in any extra effort.
- It has been proven through a lot of research that sleep is the number one mechanism to improve immunity, heals the mind emotionally and body physically.
- Sleep is one of the undervalued, least known, but very effective bodily processes that balance the rhythm of the Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin, and feel-good hormones.
Did you have enough sleep last night?
SOURCE: Matthew Walker, Author of Why we sleep?